So me and my fiance met online. We are truly inlove and we are even setting up the wedding date, location, etc. We have sent each other letters and have an genuine intent to marry one another. We have the messages to back it up. However, will this one little detail of never having seen one another physically mess up the chances of the fiance visa being successful? Or will they overlook this detail especially if I meet all the others? The requirement on the information for the K1 visa said they will overlook this detail depending on the reasons, I would just like to have an idea of which kinds of reasons.

asked 25 Jun '14, 23:35

azlou88's gravatar image

azlou88
accept rate: 0%

Share this question with your friends:

In order for them to "overlook" it there would have to be some sort of extreme circumstances.

link

answered 01 Jul '14, 11:42

allen's gravatar image

allen

Thank you for answering. Would being (or was being) a full- time student with out a job (which is true) a good enough reason?

(01 Jul '14, 17:45) azlou88

No, full-time student of out of job is not a good enough reason. The K1 visa has strict requirements and showing how you meet them is important.

link

answered 15 Jul '14, 13:10

allen's gravatar image

allen

If you dont go over there to her country and see her and take photos of it they will deny your application for fiance visa - you dont have a choice really.

link

answered 28 Jul '14, 17:56

iamtoddlee's gravatar image

iamtoddlee

Your answer
toggle preview

Follow this question

By Email:

Once you sign in you will be able to subscribe for any updates here

Markdown Basics

• *italic* or _italic_
  • **bold** or __bold__
  • link:[text](http://url.com/ "title")
  • image?![alt text](/path/img.jpg "title")
  • numbered list: 1. Foo 2. Bar
  • to add a line break simply add two spaces to where you would like the new line to be.
  • basic HTML tags are also supported

Tags:

×1

Asked: 25 Jun '14, 23:35

Seen: 2,256 times

Last updated: 28 Jul '14, 17:56

Related questions